Monday, February 23, 2009

My new purse

I have never made a handbag with a purse frame before, but I LOVE how it turned out. I referred to U-Handbag for resources in designing a bag around a purse frame. (Meowcraft is the only place I will buy purse frames, they are THE best!)

This is a mock-up for the diaper bag I am making for Lindsay. Mine is smaller, but the same shape I am planning for her bag.
The front has a little puff-pouch to hold my phone, and the back has a quick-access pocket to throw keys or something. I love the blue, teal, and brown vintage print fabric.


I put a stiff divider in the center to make it more organized. I use this as a diaper bag for Eddie, as well as my purse. So now I can keep his stuff on one side (you can see the teal sippy cup holders, and his diapers/wipes fit perfect in between, with a pocket for his snacks), and my stuff on the other, (there is a pocket for my makeup, one for notebook/pens, one for my Palm, etc).
I love the way it turned out, and I learned a lot. I just need to tweak the pattern a bit more for Lindsay's bag, and make it larger. She also wants separate pockets for wipes and diapers, but that's simple enough. :)

2 comments:

mica said...

This bag is awesome! I can't wait to see it or Lindsay's (when you have it finished).

Brian and Lisa said...

I love the bag! great colors and design and I love the closure. It's gorgeous! I need to learn to be crafty! I need to plan a trp to utah so you can teach me! :)
Lisa